Friday 8 February 2013

New Year...new you?


New Year Blog (OK so I'm a few weeks late!)!

So as 2012 closed a new chapter opened…

I’m currently in Starbucks enjoying a free cup of coffee whilst reflecting on 2012 and thinking about what 2013 holds.


2012 was a great year for Amy and I – one that was challenging, fun and exciting!  We relaxed on holiday I Malaga, I started a new training course at work and it saw the continued progress of the Youth Café (www.thirstcafe.com) that we are launching.

However for me the year can be summed up in one word…Joash!  Our son was born on 4th November 2011 and is now 14 months old!  2012 was a year of us growing into parenthood and learning what it means to be a mother and a father.  It’s been quite a journey and one that has really challenged and changed us.  It’s been tiring, confusing and hard work but above all it’s been the best thing I’ve ever done! 

As I look forward to 2013 I’m wondering what is in store for us as a family, collectively and individually.  It’s at this time of the year that I will set myself several goals for the year whilst reviewing lasts years goals.

People often baulk at the thought of another failed New Year’s resolution but in my opinion they are great things - a chance to challenge yourself to grow and become a better person.  Why wouldn’t someone want to do that?!

For me goals work because that help me to stay focused and give me something to aim at. 

The Bible says that ‘without vision people perish’ and I wonder if you’ve set yourself a goal(s) for the year. 
 
If you've set yourself some goals for the year what are they?  And more importanlty...four weeks into the New Year...are you still working towards these goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment