Wednesday 19 September 2012

What if the 'Big Show' wasn't God's idea?

Every year I lead a team of 20 leaders and 50 young people to an amazing event called Newday!  It's a similar event to Soul Survivor and the like and over 7000 people gather with the sole purpose to engage with God and be changed by Him and for Him.  Last year 305 young people made a first time committment to follow Jesus...it truly is an amazing week.

However last year I got into a big discussion with some of our young people about whether or not lighting...staging...and amplification actually helped or hindered our worship?  It was an interesting discussion but we ultimately disagreed with the young people thinking it was a help while I felt it might in fact hinder true worship!  For me it's not about how it 'feels' but rather is it inline with scripture? 

Yesterday I read this article and it stirred in me the same thoughts that I had during the discussion at Newday. 

Give it a read and let me know what you think...is the 'Big Show' a help or a hinderance?

No comments:

Post a Comment